Providing quick, simple and accurate thickness measurements with minimal preparation
Cygnus thrive on developing a product range that is application-driven and user-focused. This UK based ultrasonic manufacturer are the pioneers of the multiple-echo measuring technique, which has long been an industry standard for through-coating measurement of material thickness.
Storage tanks can be susceptible to a high level of corrosion both from their contents and from the outside environment; and the Cygnus 6+ PRO has been designed specifically for Engineers who need to take quick and accurate thickness measurements.
The Cygnus 6+ is perfect for testing levels of corrosion on storage tanks such as fuel depot tanks, commercial and domestic LPG tanks, propane gas cylinders, air cylinders for divers, water storage tanks, effluent tanks and pressure vessels. This gauge has been rigorously tested to military specification: drops from height onto concrete, extreme vibrations and extreme temperatures – and is completely environmentally sealed to IPX7 and IP6X. The Cygnus 6+ has also been tested to MIL-STD-810G Method 511.5 Procedure I (explosive environment compliant).
While the Cygnus 6+ has been specifically designed to be easy to operate, it also has an excellent array of other features, including:
- Versatile measuring modes: Multiple-Echo giving the ultimate accuracy through coatings up to 20mm thick and; Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes for extreme corrosion.
- A-scan display that helps to verify true back wall readings in difficult measuring applications.
- Live B-scan display with auto start / stop which shows a cross sectional view of a material.
- Comprehensive data logging offers the ability to input templates making it perfect for recording measurements on symmetrical storage tanks which helps to ensure thickness readings are taken in a methodical manner, with the data easily transferred to a computer or spreadsheet for reporting.
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) which verifies stable and reliable readings.
- Bluetooth™ for data transfer
The gauge has a large front colour LCD display that can be viewed in all lighting conditions plus an end-mounted rotatable LCD with grayscale setting for bight sunlight, an easy to use keypad and an intuitive menu. The gauge body has been designed to be comfortable to hold and protects against bumps whilst offering maximum strength with its hard-internal shell.
For more information about these and other Cygnus products, visit www.cygnus-instruments.com. Alternatively, call us on +44 (0) 1305 265533 or email email@example.com.
Quote PECM092019 for a 10% discount on a gauge.