Automation for Food and Beverage Factories in the UK
The food and beverage industry is a hugely important sector in the UK, making up more than 15% of manufacturing turnover and employment. With such a significant role in the economy and well-being of the nation and following recent contamination scandals, it is vital that the food and beverage industry offers consistent, traceable and reliable production processes, whilst maintaining stringent hygiene levels.
Crucial to any food or beverage factory is the automation process. As a nation, the UK is behind on the uptake of automation processes compared to our European counterparts. Yet automation of the manufacturing process not only reduces costs, it improves quality, increases production rates, reduces waste and optimises energy use.
Government regulations on product hygiene and cleanliness mean that components are subject to hazardous conditions through the wash down process, sterilisation and exposure to aggressive chemicals. Depending on the produce, components are also subject to extreme temperatures and exposure to fats and dust. Despite all of this, food and beverage factories must continue to operate seamlessly without downtime, whilst maintaining hygiene standards.
- Lumberg Automation offer a huge range of connectivity solutions that comply with stringent hygiene standards and are specifically designed to work within the food and beverage industry.
- Hirschmann offer networking solutions, which can handle the tough conditions found in this type of facility.
- Amphenol’s interconnect solutions provide highly reliable signal and power transmission for standard connectors and cable assemblies, as well as for customised versions.
Combined, these brands offer total solutions which enable automation within the UK food and beverage industry.
Typical products that you would find on the production line are;
- Connectivity: On-machine IP 67/68/69K distribution boxes, splitters, cordsets and connectors with stainless steel hardware, PVC cable and inserts for sensor/actuator applications, field attachable connectors, UL/CSA DIN valve connectors and UL/CSA power connectors. RJ45, M8/M12/7/8/M23/M40 Circular Connectors, C091, HeavyMate, RT360.
- Ethernet Switches and Networking Devices: OCTOPUS control level switches, OpenRail compact switches and BAT IP67wireless Ethernet devices.
Typical products that you would find in the control room are;-
- Connectivity: DataTuff IP20 Industrial Ethernet cordsets, IBDN copper patch cords and patch panels, FiberExpress fibre patch cords, patch panels, adapter strips and Optimax® field-installable connectors. EcoMate, C16-3, HeavyMate C146, Terminal Blocks and Power Connectors.
- Ethernet Switches and Networking Devices: MACH100, MACH1000 and MACH4000 switches and EAGLE VPN/firewall appliances
As franchised distributors for Lumberg Automation, Hirschmann and Amphenol, Electroustic is able to assist you in getting the right connectivity solution for your automation process at the right price.
Electroustic are offering free delivery on all orders placed in June, quote ELEC02 on your purchase order to get this offer
Visit Website: www.electroustic.co.uk