ZAGO High-Tech Sealing Fasteners Essential for Protecting Industrial Equipment and Data in the Smart Factory
As engineers and OEMs transition to the smart factory, safeguarding data and equipment is paramount. ZAGO high-tech specialty sealing fasteners are an option to achieve both these objectives. Here is an overview of ZAGO high-tech sealing fasteners, including key questions to ask before choosing a sealing fastener solution for your needs.
WHAT ARE SEALING FASTENERS?
Sealing fasteners are highly specialized fasteners that include sealing screws, sealing nuts, sealing bolts, and sealing washers. Unlike ordinary fasteners, ZAGO sealing fasteners are configured with a rubber O-ring (or a rubber element) that when squeezed, permanently seals out a wide range of contaminants, including liquids, gas, oil, moisture, disinfectants, and lubricants, from entering and damaging equipment while preventing toxins from leaking into the environment.
ENGINEERED WITH O-RING TECHNOLOGY
ZAGO high-tech self-sealing fasteners are engineered with a groove under the head of the screw or the face of the nut that when combined with a rubber O-ring and tightened, squeezes outwardly to form a 360-degree leak-proof hermetic seal. The undercut groove ensures that the O-ring will not break or crack once the screw is torqued, and the metal-to-metal contact prolongs the life of the O-ring, which is not compromised under pressure.
SUSTAINABLE, VIBRATION AND PRESSURE RESISTANT
ZAGO high-tech sealing fasteners are sustainable, re-usable and inherently green. They are built to withstand harsh weather, extreme temperatures (hot and cold) and pressure, and they are resistant to corrosion and vibration.
DUAL PROTECTION – SEAL AND LOCK
When it comes to protecting both manufacturing equipment and fragile sensors that capture, store, and transmit data, engineers and OEMs opt for ZAGO security / tamper-proof seal screws. These sealing screws perform a dual function: they seal contaminants from leaking into or out of machinery, and they contain a locking mechanism that is next to impossible to break or open without proper tooling.
INDUSTRIAL MANUFACTURING – EQUIPMENT APPLICATIONS
ZAGO high-tech sealing fasteners are used in countless industries, and particularly in the manufacturing sector to seal:
- Sensors / LiDAR Systems / 3D Cameras
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
- Motors / Motion Control Systems
- Co-bots & Robots (Warehouse, Production, Disinfecting)
- 3D Printing
- Laser Cutting Machines
- Pneumatic Conveying Systems
- Food Equipment, Processors, Spraying Systems
WHEN TO USE ZAGO SEALING FASTENERS – KEY QUESTIONS
If the answer is yes to any of the following questions, then, it is essential to seal your equipment with sealing fasteners for long-lasting, air-tight, leak-proof protection:
Does your high-asset machinery / sensitive equipment need an air-tight, hermetic seal to:
- Protect itself from exposure to oil, gases, liquids, chemicals, dust, dirt, moisture, salt water or other contaminants?
- Withstand extreme pressure, temperature and/or weather conditions?
- Prevent seepage of pollutants leaking into the environment?
FAST FACTS — ZAGO SEALING FASTENERS:
- Usually have an unlimited shelf-life and are available in custom and standard sizes.
- Are reusable and made of corrosion-resistant metals, like stainless steel and steel alloys, titanium, brass and Monel.
- Are compatible with rubber O-rings made of Silicone, Fluorosilicone, Viton, neoprene, buna, Teflon, EPDM and FDA-grade O-rings.
- Made in the U.S.A. and sold worldwide.
- Are DFARS, REACH, RoHS and DEKRA compliant and NEMA ready for electrical enclosures.
About ZAGO Manufacturing Co.
ZAGO Manufacturing Co. is an award-winning woman-owned business and the manufacturer of ZAGO high-tech sealing fasteners (sealing screws, bolts, nuts, washers) and sealing boots. ZAGO products are made in the U.S.A. at its Newark, NJ, headquarters, and used in countless industries, including Food and Industrial Manufacturing, LiDAR, Electronics/Enclosures, Robotics/Drones, Military and Aerospace. For more information and to build your ZAGO part online visit www.zago.com