Techsil Launch New Range of Epoxy Adhesives which Cure within Seconds
Curing with UV-LED-light has helped to elevate light curable adhesive bonding to new levels of advancement. Until recently, UV-LED-hardening adhesives were limited to free-radical curing acrylates. With the recent development of new and innovative photoinitiators, cationic curing epoxy systems can now also be hardened in seconds.
View the new UV-LED Curing Epoxies brochure.
Advantages of Epoxies
•Proven reliability against environmental effects
• Withstand effects of wide temperature differences
• High glass transition temperature
• Hardened epoxy adhesives feature dry and tack-free surfaces, making them the ultimate protective surface coating
• Excellent optical characteristics with high refractive indices – ideal for applications in precision optics and lens bonding
• Low shrinkage for better positioning and minimal movement
• Low ionic and alkali contents, with halogenide contents as low as < 10 ppm
• Wide range of compositions to achieve the desired properties: they can vary from flexible and soft with high breaking strains, to hard and scratch-free with extremely high adhesion
Equipment manufacturers are now offering a new generation of UV-LED-curing equipment with higher output intensities, significantly reducing curing time for adhesives and coatings. Epoxy based resins can now be cured as fast as light curable acrylates. These UV-LED cured epoxies cure as quickly as with broad spectrum UV light cure but with added benefits.
Advantages of LED Technology
• High energy efficiency
• Less maintenance and significant reductions in energy costs
• Long operating life (typical lifetime of LEDs > 20.000 hrs)
• Less thermal radiation and thus lower thermal stress on heat-sensitive substrates
• No stand-by times
• No warm up or cool down phases needed
Techsil supplies a range of UV LED adhesives that can be used in a multitude of applications. These ranges of UV curing adhesives can be used with a wide variety of substrates such as plastics, glass, and metals and are used extensively in many sectors such as: electronics, medical equipment, glass bonding, and optics. The main range is Vitralit® from Panacol which are all single component adhesives that cure within the space of a few minutes.
* All Panacol LED-cure epoxy adhesives and sealants may also be cured using traditional broad spectrum UV curing equipment. Thus the new generation of epoxies can be incorporated into existing UV bonding processes.
Panacol is an internationally active provider in the growth market for industrial adhesives, with an extensive product range from UV adhesives through structural adhesives to silicones. Panacol offers superior quality and has been certified to ISO 9001:2000 since 2002. Headquarted in Steinbach Germany, Panacol-Elosol GmbH is a member of UV equipment manufacturer Hönle Group. Techsil also supply Hönle’s UV and LED curing equipment.
For more information on these epoxies view Panacol’s new UV-LED-Curing Epoxy Adhesives brochure